In this guide, you'll learn how to convert a Minecraft world from (Windows 10) Bedrock to Xbox 360.
If you haven't already, download/setup the Universal Minecraft Converter.
1. Input the Windows 10 World
First, select the world that you want to convert.
- Open the Universal Minecraft Converter and sign in.
- Click the Windows 10 button to view your worlds
- Double click on the world you want to input. (To input an .mcworld file, select it by clicking the Browse .mcworld button at the bottom of the window, then click Open.)
2. Convert the World
- Click the Xbox 360 button to select the output platform.
- Click Start to begin the conversion.
3. Get Profile Reference World
Skip this step if you've already imported your metadata.
Importing your metadata is required for your Xbox 360 console to see the converted Minecraft world. This is done by copying the metadata from an existing world. You only need to do this step once, as the Universal Minecraft Converter remembers your metadata for your next conversion.
Start by copying a world from your Xbox 360 console to your USB drive.
- Insert your USB drive into your Xbox 360 console. Creating an Xbox 360 USB drive
- At the Xbox 360 Dashboard, go to Settings > Storage > HDD > Games and Apps > Minecraft.
- Select a world and choose Copy. Choose your USB drive from the listed storage devices to copy the world to your USB drive.
Optional: To speed up opening worlds in the future, select your USB drive as the default storage device within Minecraft. Then your worlds will always be stored on your USB drive.
4. Save the Converted World
Once the conversion finished successfully, the Xbox 360 button will have a full green border.
- Click the Xbox 360 button to open the save window.
- Enter a name for your converted world.
- Choose how you want to save the converted world:
Once the converted world has been saved, you can close the converter or reset it by clicking the Windows 10 button.
- Save to USB: saves the converted world directly onto your Xbox 360 formatted USB drive
- Insert your Xbox 360 USB drive into your PC. This is the USB drive with the reference world we got in the previous step.
- Click the Import Metadata... button and choose the reference world we got in the previous step. When the import is done, click Ok.
- Now save the world to your USB drive by clicking Save to USB.
- Save to Computer: saves the converted world as a .bin file.
- Optional: Click the Import Metadata... button and choose the reference world we got in the previous step. When the import is done, click Ok.
- Click Save to Computer, choose a location, then click save.
- Save savegame.dat: saves the converted world as a savegame.dat file
- Click Save savegame.dat, choose a location, then click save.
To play on your converted world: plug your USB drive back into your Xbox 360 console, load Minecraft, select the USB drive as the storage device and play your converted world!
Your world has now been converted!